Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Chapter

New Year's is right around the corner, the time of year when people all around the globe make resolutions or lists of goals they hope to accomplish throughout the year. And it has me thinking.

What do I want for this next year, what do I hope for, what do I want to do. Last year during this time I set out to get better at living in the now, at living in this moment and to enjoy all the blessings in my life currently instead of longing for the future. So how did I do? Well I started out great and actually kept it up for most of the year, then somewhere towards the end of the year I got busy with life, I kind of got on auto-pilot and well, I don't do auto-pilot very well. So for this year I want to take a step back per say, I want to get off auto-pilot and live my life again. I want to live everyday as a new adventure. Remove all the expectations for the future and live in the now, live with an expectancy of what Jesus has for me each day.

In the bible, Jesus provided the Isrealites each day with fresh manna from heaven, everyday he provided. I want fresh manna everyday Jesus.

Matthew 6:34 (The Message)
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.


Give attention to what God is doing right now. Right now. At this present moment. Live your life, because we've only got one life. You have been given this moment, and we have not been promised tommorrow. Slow down. Breathe and enjoy la dolce vida.

Jesus, help me to notice when I set the auto-pilot, in fact I would like you to obliterate my ability to even get on auto-pilot. Give me child-like wonder for every day. Help me to slow down, to see you in every moment, in every day. I want to see everything through your eyes, set me afresh.

Tomo unos momentos cada dia, ciera los ojos y respira. El te ha dado esto momento, disfrutalo :)

XOXOXOX,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment