Thursday, January 20, 2011

SHINE - 5 Minute Blog


I'm giving myself 5 minutes to write this blog....and GO!

Tonight I went to a Mercy Me concert and there was a song that stated these lyrics, and when coupled with how my week has been it was the perfect lyric. It's from their song This Life and the lyric says: This life was meant to shine.

That's it. You're probably thinking um okay there's nothing that spectacular about that. But for me it was a reminder.

Lately, if I'm honest I have been acting and talking more like the world. I haven't been "shining" Jesus. And my life was meant to Shine for Jesus. I should be impacting the world, I should be changing the world, I should be the light in the darkness. Yet lately it had been quite the opposite. The world had beat me up and had turned out my light.

Yet tonight, these lyrics were an abrupt reminder that, wait a second, Michelle, your life was meant to shine.

And in that moment, the light inside of me was turned back on.

My life was meant to SHINE.

xoxoxox,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment