Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Value

You are valuable. You have destiny inside of you. You are called of God. You are chosen by God. You will have an impact in this world. You are not forgotten. You are not disregarded. You are not what the world says about you.

I have a large chalkboard in my room and every week I write an encouraging note to myself according to what I feel God is speaking to my heart. This week I wrote really big, "You are Valuable". And everyday it has been a constant reminder that no matter how I may feel about my life currently, I am valuable.

A few years ago when I was involved in youth ministry I used to always remind my youth girls that the enemy only attacks those things which are of value. If he is constantly trying to get you down and trying to get you to give up on your dreams and tell you you're never gonna make it it's because he knows that God is going to use that area of your life for His glory otherwise he wouldn't mess with you. For me I have a constant struggle with 2 things which in our society kind of go hand in hand, marriage and value or self-worth. The enemy constantly tries to convince me that I'm never going to get married, that I'm going to be alone forever, that I'm a loser, that I'm not going to ever amount to anything. No lie it's a constant battle but I have to remember what God has said about me.

"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I know that God hasn't forgotten about me. I know that God has an incredible plan for my life and for my marriage. And even if I forget it just the simple fact that the enemy tries to attack that area of my life so much should be a strong indicator that he see's the value that God has placed on my life in those areas or else he would leave me alone. We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities.

I don't know if you're going through the same things I go through. But if these are areas where you struggle, where the enemy tries to get you down then remember these words....You Are Valuable. Cement it in your heart. Write it down where you have to see it everyday if you have to. Speak it over yourself everyday until it's so engrained in your spirit that you no longer question it.

Our value doesn't come from what society says about us, from our marital status, from our career status, from our degrees, from what your family says about you, or from what people think about you, no, it comes from what God says about you. And He says that You are Valuable.

Rooting for you always!

xoxoxox,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment