Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Marriage

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

Jesus,

Today as I was praying during service I thought about exactly that...becoming one flesh, becoming one person. Become one flesh means so much more than what would normally come to someone's mind. Becoming one flesh to me means, that you and your spouse have become one so much so that you feel what they feel, you know when their happy, sad, scared, nervous, worried, or excited without even having to talk to them. It's like this inner knowing, why, because you have become one. You feel what the other feels. You pray for eachother, the rejoice with them when something great happens, you cry with them when something tragic happens, you pray with them...well, always. It's as if you are one person. On the same page. Marriage is beautiful in that you always have someone who is there beside you and is on your team. You are a team, especially when raising children together. You are one.

So tonight as I was reflecting on this, I thought of You. Jesus, I want to be one with You. I want to feel what you feel. I want to get excited about the things that You get excited about. I want to have a burden for what You have a burden for, what breaks Your heart I want to also break mine. That I would be so sensitive to You that I am always exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what You need me to do. That we would be one.

Jesus, I give you permission to take over. Take over my emotions, my plans, my schedule, my life, my dreams, my career, my family, everything. I join my thoughts, desires, hopes, dreams to Yours. It's not just me anymore, it's US. Me and You. Michelle Nicole + Jesus.

And when You bring my husband and I together in marriage it will be You + Me + my husband. And we will become one flesh.

I love you.

Amen.
Michelle Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment