Sunday, July 11, 2010

Free

God is so beyond faithful. During the last 13 months I have been walking out a long process of forgiveness, restoration, and freedom. And today was the day He showed me I am finally done, I am free! Although I knew I was free the first day I turned to God and said, "God help me", it wasn't until today that I finally felt free. Healing is a process that has various stages, and during all of this I remember so many times thinking, God am I ever going to get over this, is this ever going to stop hurting, am I ever going to be able to let go? And I can without a shadow of a doubt say...YES, it has all gone away. I don't hurt anymore at all. I am brand-new, I am healed and it feels soooo incredibly good.

Jesus, I could never repay you for what you've done for me, for setting me free, for restoring me, for forgiving me, for making me new, for giving me the strength to not stop trusting you. And there were so many times as I was walking out this season that I would get so frustrated, I would feel like I am not making any progress, I would look back to the past and drag the pain out even longer and it would cause the pain to hurt even more but through it all I kept trusting Him. And some days that looked like me crying on my bedroom floor and praying that He would take it all away and other days it was me making decisions to not go here or not go there, to delete my facebook page, to cut friendships out of my life and just trust that He was in control; Taking one step after another. I remember having a conversation with one of my girlfriends and saying, this sucks while I'm walking through it and I just can't wait to be at that point where it doesn't hurt anymore but will that ever happen? And how will I know? And then today happened, today was when He showed me that I was in fact done. Done with this season. Done with it all.
I.AM.FREE.
And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't because of anything I did, it wasn't because I'm so holy or because I pray for hours at a time, or because I'm some sort of perfect saint but because I cried out to my Father and He answered me. All because He loves me. And because He is good.

I'm free and it feels amazing. Thank you Jesus! You are faithful, You are healer, You are true, You are my everything and I am so beyond thankful.

He will do it for you too. Just don't give up no matter how hard it gets, keep trusting and keep moving forward even if it's baby steps. He is faithful.

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

Michelle

1 comment: