Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life happens....then there's God

Life happens. Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months and months into years all in the blink of an eye it feels sometimes. It's like that Nationwide commercial....Life comes at you fast. And for me when life starts to happen, when I get caught up in the day to day tasks, in going to work, going to the gym, coming home and getting up the next day to do it all over again, staying up super late on the weekends to catch up with girlfriends or catching a concert...it all starts to blur together and I get run down. It's in those moments when I sometimes can get distracted, when I forget that this is not the end of the road for me, God has called me to greater. While none of those things are bad, they can wear on you if you don't hold on to the promises God has told you and continue seeking His strength and guidance on how to get there.

4 years ago God spoke some pretty huge things into my life. He spoke the nations into my heart, leading/speaking at huge global conferences, having a school of leadership for under-privileged children in countries without mentors, training or opportunities. Literally speaking life into those that the world has tossed aside and made think that they are forgotten. That's huge.

And if I'm not careful, if I get too busy running the "rat race" I will get numb to those things and that's exactly what the enemy would love. But thankfully, I have women in my life who know me, who see me (see past the facade) and remind me, Michelle you are not just a girl who does human resources for a huge company, you are not just a girl who serves in her church....you are called to the nations. My friend Caitlin told me the other day, Michelle I don't know who this girl is with the grown-up job because I never met her, I only know Michelle, the woman of God who is called to the nations, who has a mighty calling on her life to do something huge to impact this globe. I know what you're thinking, and yes I have some pretty amazing women in my life.

But then there's the other end of that, my mom who says, "Michelle, why are you serving in that area of church when that has nothing to do with your calling?" To which I reply, "Mom, just because God has called me to something huge doesn't mean that I can turn my nose up at the small beginnings, at the baby steps that God has entrusted to me." So it's a balancing act, be an amazing server at church, be a fantastic employee at work, take care of your body by working out, pour into those around you that you love.....oh and remember you were made to impact the nations. Believe me, I'm not complaining about any of it, because all of it is such an incredible blessing but how do I not let life happen, how do I make sure I don't let life get in the way of the dreams in my heart.

I don't take my eye off the prize. I run this race with the goal in mind. Everything I do, whether it has to do with work or pouring into the amazing women in my life, I have to remember it's all for a purpose. And even if sometimes it doesn't make sense now, I know that His ways are definitely higher than mine and it will all make sense one day. My Jesus is funny that way. I'm sure a huge aha moment lies ahead but in the meantime I won't let life and the sometimes mundane feeling get me off track. Gotta push ahead baby!

Have a great day...I'm off to the gym now. Gotta be in shape cause the nations is huge, it's not just a specific region, the nations is a lot of freakin' land. Hmm maybe I should order new tennis...hahaha

Michelle Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment