Friday, October 1, 2010

Running 100 miles an hour


I seem to only operate in 2 speeds, 100 miles an hour or 0. And it's honestly exhausting. I need to learn how to cruise, still going forward, but not at break neck speed. I need to slow down, I need to rest, I need to make sure I don't burn out.

Last year I purchased my dream car and I love my car, but I treat it well, I don't go from zero to 100 every time I drive it. I slowly increase the speed and slowly decrease the speed maintaining the speed limit. Yet when it comes to my life, I don't take care of myself that much and God has shown me that a.) I need to rest and b.) I need to have self-discipline.

I don't have any children of my own, but I do know plenty of people who have babies and they all seem to say the same thing. Babies and small children need to be on a schedule, they need to get proper rest, they need routine. Why? Because they will function better with a schedule. Well, I think that shouldn't only apply to babies. It should apply to everyone. I can't function at my best when I'm tired, when I have been eating junk all week, when I haven't been taking care of myself.

So during this season, that is what I am trying to learn. To be disciplined. To be on a schedule. To go to bed at a certain time, to wake up at a certain time everyday, to eat better, to make time for rest. I can't continue living the way I have, I can't keep running 100 miles an hour and then burnout and do zero for a few days only to run 100 miles an hour again and burnout the next month. It's not healthy. It's not Godly.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Self-control is just another word for discipline. If you are disciplined in one area of your life, it will eventually spill over into other areas. But the opposite is true too, if you do whatever you want in one area, I bet you do whatever you want in other areas of your life.

I personally need to be disciplined in my eating, resting, finances and there's no better time than the present to start.

Jesus, I give you control over my schedule, I give you control over my finances, over my eating habits, over everything.

Luke 16:10 Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with very much.

Jesus, right now I'm only in charge of me. Later on down my life journey I will be responsible for a family, help me to be self-disciplined. To persevere, to be fully present, to not run exhausted but to be energized and available to do those things which matter. Help me to say no enough so that I can say yes when you need me to. Help me to be responsible with the time that you have blessed me with.

In Jesus name I pray, amen.
Rooting for you,
Michelle Nicole
In what areas of your life do you need to be disciplined in? Start this
week. Make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment