Sunday, March 27, 2011

God is still God

Josh Lopez sang this song at my church this morning and it wrecked me.

God you are God even when I don't feel you
God you are God even when I don't see you

I will worship
I will worship
I will worship
You are my God

There are dreams and desires that I haven't seen come to pass yet. There are things that I have been praying for for a long time. And if I'm honest, I get frustrated with God sometimes. I get frustrated at myself. I get frustrated at the timeline. But even though I don't see change, even though I feel like I'm standing still when I want to be moving forward, I know that God is in control.

In our darkest hour we can quit. But if I quit, then I won't see the miracle. If I stop running my race I won't ever see the finish line. If I stop praying, if I stop believing, if I turn my back on God, if I give up, if I, if I, if I then I won't see Him and His beautiful plan.

Right now I'm in that valley time in some areas of my life. I'm in that time of waiting. My heart is bursting at the thought of all my dreams coming true. And what's hardest is waiting, when you've seen the greatness of God be done in others and in your life before. God has done some incredible things in my life. He rescued me from drug and alcohol addiction, he turned my life around when I was on a road towards destruction. He's done so much in my life and I know that I know that I know that He hasn't left me now.

So even though I don't see what you're doing God, I will wait upon you. But to be honest even if my dreams and desires don't come for a while....God is still God. I will continue to worship you, I will continue to sing your praise, I will seek you, I will love you, I won't give up.

My hope, my peace, my strength come in knowing that You are in control. Jesus, I rest in you.

xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment