Sunday, April 3, 2011

Perfection

I have a confession to make....I am not perfect. I have my shortcomings, I have flaws, I am no where near perfect. And that's okay. For the first time in my life I embrace the fact that I'm not perfect and I absolutely love my life and wouldn't have it any other way.


Perfection is defined as being complete of it's kind and without defect or blemish. Hmm sounds vaguely familiar to this scripture:


1 Peter 1:18-20 "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last time for your sake."


He is without blemish or defect. He is perfect. I am not. But the one that is perfect lives inside of me. He has made me perfect for the calling He has on my life, He has made my words perfect for those that I will impact on this earth, He has made a perfect time for everything to come to pass in my life, He has made me perfect for my husband. But does that mean I am perfect...not at all. It's only through Him that I am made perfect.


2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."


If you are struggling to be perfect, give up now. It takes a whole lot of energy to try and be perfect and I promise you it will only leave you frustrated. Today, let go of perfection and be you. Because He has made you wonderful in and of yourself, stop going against the grain of who He has made you to be, stop trying to fit into what you think is perfect or what others have conditioned you to think is perfect and just be you. I promise you once you are just yourself you will give Him freedom to be made perfect in your weakness. The word says to love others as you love yourself. But you gotta love yourself first. Accept yourself.


Now don't get me wrong, we should always be growing, learning, and being molded more and more into His image. But the key differnce is who's standard are you comparing yourself to, what standard are you striving to meet, His or yours. His or the worlds. His or your parents.


Perfection is like a prison that holds so many people captive. It holds people back. This life is too short to be caged in, too short for you to not shine, too short for you to not be effective, too short for you to live even one more minute captive.


Jesus,


Thank you for breaking down the thoughts that I had let become emblazoned in my heart and head that I had to be "perfect". Thank you for setting me free. Please set the person reading this free. Help them to let go of perfection and instead embrace Your perfection in their weakness. I speak peace over their mind right now in the name of Jesus, I cancel out all negative words that have been spoken over their lives that they've accepted as truth. I pray that Your truth would become their truth. That they would believe what your word says, that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. That they are the head and not the tail. They are more than conquerors. And all this because You gave Your life, without defect or blemish for us all. I love you!


Amen.


Michelle Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment