Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Human-trafficking

Last night I had a horrible dream that for millions across the globe is a reality.

I had a dream that I was on a moving RV/bus vehicle that had various rooms on it and a bathroom with a shower. On that bus was my mom, my brother, myself, many other victims of human trafficking and about 40 men who were holding us all captive. In the dream my mom would try and protect me, shield me from the men raping me and so they would rape her instead. In the dream I remember screaming and crying because while I was so afraid, I didn't want them harming my mom. I remember feeling as if though I was stuck, I was so scared but I knew I had to get out somehow. The men on the RV would grab me, and I would scream and do everything I could to make them stop. It was horrific. Then they raped me. I was devastated and all I could do was cry. But it was at that point that I remember looking at my mom and saying, "mom, this feels like hell on earth, I am going to escape, we have to somehow get out of here" and she said "but how", "I don't know mom but we have to do something."

In the bus there was a side door and windows. At that moment I ran to the side door and was about to run out when my mom told me to wait because all those men that were holding us captive were outside and they would see me and kill me. So I waited. Shortly there after the bus pulled into a gas station and I knew that was my moment, so I rolled down a small window and started screaming for the people around to please call the police because we were being held hostage as victims of human trafficking on that bus. I remember the looks on the people's faces, they were shocked, they didn't know what to do, they just stared at me horrified. I knew that I had to do more, I had to escape so I squeezed myself out of the window and while I was doing that one of the men in the bus started charging towards me with a huge gun, I didn't know if he was going to kill me but in that moment I didn't care, I knew that either way death would be better than the hell that we were living being held captive.

I climbed on the roof of the bus and I remember the man shouting that he was going to shoot me through the roof of the bus, so I ran as fast as I could towards the front of the bus and jumped down before he saw me. But I remember before I ran off I saw my brother, he yelled for me through the window that he loved me and for me to keep running. As I ran with tears streaming down my face because I knew the men were going to kill him and my mom because I had escaped, I knew I had to escape and tell someone. I knew it was the only was to rescue the others. I ran into this neighborhood, I was so scared, I had never felt so much fear in my life, but I knew I had to get away. I remember I ran up to the fourth house on that street, I went in through their backdoor and started crying and asking the husband and wife in the house to please call the police, that I was a victim of human trafficking. I kept telling them to please close all of their windows and doors because I was so scared that the men were going to come and find me. I kept looking around in such a panic, wanting to hide until the police arrived but crying so hard because I knew my family was going to be killed. I had never felt such pain, I was uncontrollably crying and then I woke up.

When I woke up, I still had that fear for a second and then I realized that God had allowed me to see through a dream what the victims of human trafficking go through, what it feels like and it is horrific. I cried and begged God to please rescue those victims, to please bring justice, but at the same time I felt so helpless, God what can I do to help.

Isaiah 61:1
"The spirit of the sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners."

Human trafficking is real. It's something that is happening right now all over the world. And not enough people really know that much about it. We must do something to help. There are people, victims, dying everyday while we go about living our lives unaware of their pain. I heard about Human Trafficking about two and a half years ago and have been giving to help fight it through an organization called A21 Campaign. You can help too. There is another organization that you can give to called Stop Child Trafficking Now. Both of these organizations fight against human trafficking everyday, they are rescuing victims all over the world and restoring them through the love of Jesus. You can do something. We can all give excuses as to why we can't give but honestly, what is so important that we can't give, is it our monthly pedicures, manicures, our daily Starbucks coffee, while none of these things are bad, and I'm not trying to make you feel bad for enjoying these things, they've been my excuse too, they shouldn't come before saving lives of innocent victims.

This blog is read from people all over the world. Please do something, anything, you can pray for the victims, that God would send people/organizations to rescue them, that the people who are keeping the victims hostage would turn from their ways and be saved by Jesus, that God would open your heart and your eyes to help fight this injustice in your part of the world.

We were sent to set the captives free. Join me in being their freedom.

Thank you so much.

Michelle Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment