Wednesday, August 4, 2010

There is destiny inside of you

It's been 30 years since my mom left her country of origin, El Salvador. When she left she was leaving in a state of panic because there was a war going on between the guerrilla and the police enforcement. The guerrilla was basically trying to kill all those in politics and anything having to do with the government. The year was 1980 and my mom was studying in the university to be a lawyer. She was heavily involved in politics and because of that she and her family were targeted by the guerrilla. One night while my mother, my two uncles and my grandmother were all sleeping their house was gunned down by machine guns from all sides of the house. Someone had put a hit on her family and had paid a price in order to have my mom killed, my mom remembers seeing bullets flying through the walls and all she did was grab her two brothers and laid as still as possible on the floor. That night while my mom laid there I know that it was only the hand of God that protected them because not one single bullet touched any of them, nor did the guerrilla go inside to make sure that they had killed everyone in the house like they normally would.

The next morning my grandmother, my two uncles and my mother all started a very dangerous trek through El Salvador, then through Mexico to the United States as illegals. They paid a man to literally bring them across the border until they finally reached my great aunt's house in Houston, TX.

Tonight the Lord reminded me of that story that my mom has told me over a hundred times. He showed me how He had his hand over my mom's life because she had a destiny inside of her. She would one day give birth to two children, Carlos and Michelle. Who would then at the ages of 21 and 22 would become saved and then they would in turn touch other lives and those lives would touch other lives and so on and so forth to spread the news of Jesus. That night when those men came and gunned down my mom's house, God saw the destiny of generations to come through my mom's life and he said "no" to the enemy's plan to kill my mom. God knew that one day she would be the mom of two children who would do amazing things for God. .

Psalm 33:11 "But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Inside of me, inside of you there is destiny. There are people that He has destined for you to reach, there are physical blessings that will be birthed through you and will impact this globe for Jesus one day.

So do not fear when trials come for the Lord your God has a plan that will be fulfilled through your life. 30 years ago God thought of me when those men tried to kill my destiny inside of my mom but His purposes stood firm and will continue to stand firm for generations to come.

Think of the possibilities, think of the generations that will come out of you. You were destined for so much more than you could ever think or imagine. Don't give up, don't turn around there's destiny inside of you.


Love,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment