Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grace

Have you ever gotten to a place in your walk with God where you finally just got real, where you laid it all out there, the good and the bad? Where you admitted your faults, where you were transparent and honest about the mess in your life? I know for me personally I have had these moments probably more times than I can even count. And for me they're usually moments where I'm so ashamed, I feel like such a failure and if I'm truly honest it's not until I have really hit rock bottom. But never in my 27 years I've been alive has God ever extended anything less than grace towards me in my brokenness. Never has he turned me away. Never has he thrown a single stone at me. Never has he given up on me or lost patience with me. God is grace.

It's his grace that strengthens us. It's the fact that you know he won't judge you that makes us able to come to him.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Tonight, as I was talking to one of my best friends we were talking about grace and how we as God's children need to act just as Jesus does and always extend grace to those around us. To not be quick to judge and condemn those we love when they've messed up. We have all messed up, we have all been at the bottom of the pit. So if he extends grace and he lives inside of you and me then we need to extend grace to others. When your friend, co-worker, family member etc. confides in you and shines a light on the darkness in their life, extend grace, be a helping hand, don't judge, don't condemn because in doing so all it does is cause others to then hide their sin. Don't make people feel as if though they have to be perfect, because no one is perfect. I think that's why so many people parade around with masks and never truly deal with their issues because they're too busy trying to act perfect so they won't be judged. And in doing so remain in their pit. You extending grace can be what leads someone to freedom.

Colossians 4:6 "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

Extend grace. Let people be real with you. Let the masks fall off and be open and ready to listen, be compassionate. I know it's hard at times to extend grace but remember you were once there too. And to be honest we are all extended grace everyday because none of us are perfect.

I need his grace everyday. And I'm glad that he gives it willingly.

Grace: free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God.

Jesus,

I don't deserve your grace, it is very much unmerited but you give it freely. You are always quick to forgive us and strengthen us to get back up. Put that in me for others. That grace would always be my natural response to everyone I encounter. Help me to not judge, to not condemn, not in my thoughts or ever in my actions but to have compassion. Never let me think of myself as ever above anyone else. I am and always will be a sinner that you saved by grace. I love you.

Amen.

Michelle Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment