Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Quiet

As girls, we usually have a million thoughts going on in our heads at any given moment. We were created to be multi-taskers and as women we often wear many hats: sister, daughter, friend, mother, wife, and so on. So it only makes sense that our brain can hold so much information all at one time and have it actually function. But for the most part these thoughts don't usually just stay in our heads it comes out our mouths too. In the need to analyze every single detail of every single decision out loud with our girlfriends. It's the "he said this, but does that mean this or does it mean that", and "oh my gosh I have to do this, that and the other all before next week, I have no idea how I'm gonna accomplish it especially since I have to pick up this or make that or whatever", the possibilities are endless when it comes to the chatter that we girls have. But as of late this has changed in my life.

I have become quiet about things. The things stirring in my heart, the dreams I have, the fears that I have at times, the excitement of the possibilities that lie in the future. I am open to His plan for my life and I'm trusting. And trust sometimes means not questioning but just allowing things to happen as they may. So I'm not questioning but I am prayerfully walking by His leading and His leading only. I'm guarding my heart.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

I'm resting in Him and I know that He's got me.


Michelle Nicole

2 comments:

  1. makes me think of the verse that says mary "pondered all these things in her heart" after the angel appeared to her.

    i need to quiet my heart more often than i do.

    (and i love that zeph verse! i need to let the weight of the phrase "He will quiet you with His love" sink in... and then i need to let His love quiet me...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alece you wrote on my blog! Yay! This seriously just put the biggest smile on my face :)

    This is such a new concept for me, being quiet. But it feels so good. Not questioning but just walking hand in hand with Him and trusting. My heart is finally at peace. I'm praying that today you would feel His peace wash over you, that it would quiet your heart, that you would rest. No more fear, no more questions, just peace. Love you Alece!

    ReplyDelete