Saturday, May 15, 2010

Love (continued)

This morning as I was sweeping the kitchen I got this huge revelation. Granted it might not be huge to you reading this but for me and my heart it was amazing! I was thinking about love and why I feel I have to hear Jesus say I love you everyday, all day long. I was thinking maybe I was weak or something for having to hear it everyday. Like I must have some huge defect because I couldn't just understand that He love me. And then it hit me.

When you're in a relationship you tell each other I love you everyday. With my family I tell them I love them everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. With my friends, I tell them I love them every time I talk to them, every time I see them. I never get tired of hearing it nor do I get tired of saying it because I love them all that much. I love feeling loved by those around me. There are so many times when my co-worker will walk over to my desk and just hug me and tell me she loves me, for no reason other than that she thought of me and wanted to tell me. And that's how it is with my relationship with You. I should never get tired of hearing it, and I will never feel like okay you don't have to tell me anymore cause I know you love me. No, cause I would never say that in a marriage, I would never say honey you don't ever have to say I love you anymore, I know you do, so let's never say it again. No, those words would never come out of my mouth. Why, because my love would overflow everyday for him and I would want to tell him everyday, not out of obligation but because I love him that much that I never would get tired of telling him. And I would never ever get tired of hearing it.

Jesus, I will never tire of hearing you tell me you love me. And that's how you created me, that's why you desire a relationship with me not just one conversation. How silly of me to question my desire for Your love. How silly of me to think that I must have some defect or something. No, I love hearing you say I love you everyday because I'm in love with you. Because I never tire of saying it to you and You never tire of saying it to me.

Wow! I love you I love you I love you times infinity!

-Michelle Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment