Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pour out

Last week I had a minor hiccup at work. An error that I made. It wasn't a huge deal, to be completely honest the employee's information who I messed up wasn't even mad, she was just glad I had fixed it. But in correcting the issue I had to talk to my boss about it, I had to come clean about the error and explain to him what had happened and that was hard. It wasn't hard because my boss is a mean or because he would fire me but because I knew I disappointed him. And I hate that feeling. It honestly jacks with me when I know I've let someone down or disappointed them.

In a past relationship anytime I would get in a fight or disagreement with my boyfriend I would be jacked all day. Because I knew I had disappointed him. And so that day that's exactly what began to happen. I went and had the discussion with my boss, he was okay with it since I had fixed the error but when I got back to my desk I was still jacked. I wanted to cry, I felt like a complete failure. But in that moment I called out to my savior, I reached out for help and He told me this, pour out. You feel down, you feel inadequate, find someone who you in this moment can pour into.

So I did just that, even though I still felt jacked I wrote an email to a friend of mine and encouraged her, I wrote a handwritten letter to another friend that I hadn't spoken to in a while that I knew was jacked and lifted her up, spoke life giving words to her and truly poured out love to her. And once I did that He poured His peace back into me. He poured His love over me and I felt like me again. I wasn't jacked anymore, I could move forward.

I learned something new that day that I honestly wish I had learned before because it would have saved me a lot of tears in the past but I'm glad I learned it now.

Luke 6:38 "Give and it shall be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I had heard that verse a million times before in regards to tithing but never had I applied it like I did that day. Do you need forgiveness, forgive others. Whatever you need pour it out to others and He will pour it back into your own life.

Jesus,

You are my teacher and You are so good. Thank you for always coming to my rescue and for showing me your faithfulness. Let me never get tired of pouring out to others. Use me even in my brokenness because I know that it's only your love that can make me whole. You are such an amazing God that you would not only heal us but use us in that healing process to be the answer to someone else's cry, to be You to someone else. No moment is ever wasted with You. I adore you and I'm so lucky to be loved by You. xoxoxox

Yours forever & always,

Michelle Nicole

2 comments:

  1. i find myself in a place where my heart is hurting deeply over a friendship of mine. it's so hard to pour out in an area i'm feeling scared and heartache in... but i know i need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 11:25 "he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."

    Let go, place your hand in His, let Him flow through you, He see's your hurts, your pain. He will meet you where you're at Alece and He will pour back into you. Praying for you

    ReplyDelete