Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 2

Jesus

Today was somewhat of a rough day but I made it. Work was frustrating but you gave me strength to press through. I didn't want to work out but you reminded me to persevere even though I was tired and unmotivated. Honestly, looking back it wasn't that bad of a day at all. In the grand scheme of things, I had a better day than most people on this planet. I had food to eat, clothes on my back, good health, a job, family and friends that love me and encourage me. I am blessed.

Many times I know I can get so focused on myself and my problems but in reality they're not big problems, they're not even problems at all usually just mini-hurdles. Thank you for nudging me forward everyday, for giving me strength to do the tasks that lay before me, for loving me through my friends and family, for protecting me, surrounding me with your mercy and love, for giving me this amazing life and writing a pretty sweet story for me to live out.

God help me to take my eyes off of me, to see through your eyes. To notice those around me that need you. To give me compassion for the lost and hurting and not just walk past them because I have my own sweet life. Give me your heart for people, forgive me for all the times I could have done more but was too lazy or too focused on my world and my problems.

You have given me so much, even when you take away, you give. You took my relationship away but you gave me my bestfriend back. Your a loving God, a loving father and I know you know what's best. This season is for you, so use me. I know that's kind of a scary prayer because it will mean I will have work to do but it's the very least I can do for my father who loves me. I want to serve you in all I do. To serve those around me, those you've placed in my life and those you place in my path. Open my eyes Lord, open my heart, heal my wounds and send me, I'm here. Amen.

I love you daddy. Goodnight.

Michelle Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment