Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 3

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jesus,

This season has not been comfortable, at all. You have removed my comfort zone, my core circle of friends, the one's that really know me, the one's that really know my heart have moved. First Caitlin, then Stacy and now Cesar. This isn't easy God. This isn't what I had planned. I feel lonely at times. But.....I submit to your plan God, not mine but yours. I know that your word says that you have good plans for me, plans to give me a hope and a future. You know what you're doing. Just give me the strength to get through, wrap me in your arms when I get lonely and cry all by myself, encourage me when it gets hard, make me smile when I feel like frowning, let your word bubble up in my spirit when I'm feeling confused and give me abundant joy and love for those around me.

During worship today I broke down crying, pleading for your strength God because I know that you have work for me to do and I'm not gonna be able to do it without your strength. Before I would have run to my bestfriends but now I gotta run to you and I'm sorry that I had it backwards before God. I'm sorry that they were my foundation and not you. No wonder a part of me feels so lonely without them. Thank you for my friends Jesus.

But my friends were never supposed to replace Jesus in my life, my friends were supposed to add to the life that Jesus was already a part of. Yes my foundation was rocked, yes I have cried over them but Jesus I know you are setting things back how they should have been originally. You are my foundation and I will stand on you. I will not be shaken, I will not be moved. Right now I'm writing this more by faith because internally right now I am shaken, I am feeling the void. Jesus I ask you to come into my heart like a flood and fill that void. As tears stream down my face, I know that you are moving. I need you.

Michelle Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment